Garden Update, March 15th
Here's an update on what has been unfolding at the Farm and Gardens during this challenging time.
- In order to minimize any risks to the health and safety of our community due to COVID-19, we have canceled upcoming workshops and events.
- We're closing access to the greenhouse and garden shed until further notice.
- If you are a gardener who enjoys starting early peas, please feel free to begin your plantings, however, you'll have to bring your own tools and water (hoses are installed and water is turned on once temperatures are above freezing).
- New gardeners should wait until further notice to begin your garden (and until we hold the mandatory meeting. Date to be determined.
- We ask that you not plan any group gatherings in the gardens.
- We'll revisit the above restrictions on a weekly basis.
Thank you for your cooperation.
What can you do now?
Plan out your garden with this printable planting calendar for Saratoga from Old Farmer's Almanac. Or, go directly to their online version. Remember, we'll have a wonderful variety of free seeds available this season thanks to recent donations from Saratoga Organics and High Mowing Seeds.
Watch for the launch of the How to Garden webinars with Joyce & Aliza! Schedule to be announced soon.
In the meantime, check out growing tips and tutorials on Johnny's Seeds.
Please reach out to me if you have any questions or concerns. Take care.
Community Gardens Director
Pitney Meadows Community Farm