As part of our mission, we seek to try innovative new strategies to engage the public in supporting local agriculture. This year, we are piloting a Pick Your Own CSA, a unique model to this region. We will share lessons learned from this pilot with local farmers in an effort to support local agriculture operations.
For 18 weeks, from July through October, at only $25/week, you'll enjoy harvesting your very own share of the freshest possible vegetables while getting outside, getting dirty, and getting involved in our community. We'll grow a selection of tried-and-true summer favorites like squash, cucumbers, carrots, lettuce, and tomatoes, and you'll also pick unique varieties of veggies like peppers and eggplants.
- Join in the annual rhythms of farm life.
- Make a season-long commitment to YOUR community farm and help to ensure the success of our mission.
- Cultivate a meaningful relationship with the Farm and with your fellow community members.
- Feel proud to invest in your community, health, and local economy.
- How is this different from other CSAs? Unlike other local CSAs where you pick up your share at a designated location, we are offering the opportunity to design your own weekly share based on what you most like to harvest and eat. While there is some work involved, we view it as a true benefit to have the ability to explore the Farm and learn to harvest your own food.
- I have no idea how to harvest vegetables! How would I even be able to do this? We will have a farmer or staff person at every designated harvest time to walk through the fields with you, show you where the vegetables you want are, and how exactly to harvest them. It will be fun and easy!
- What if I'm traveling out of town and will miss a week? Just let us know ahead of time and send a friend to pick up your share.
Our Pick-Your-Own CSA will run for 18 weeks this summer from July 1st to October 31st.
We will be offering several harvesting trainings in late June. PYO CSA members will be required to attend one training. After that, you can choose when to schedule your weekly pick and will just be required to check off your pick on our PYO CSA tracking board at the Farm.
Stay tuned for more information on training dates!