Pitney Meadows Community Gardens are back for the 2019 season! We’re excited to have started the construction of 40+ garden bed this month (please check our volunteer page to learn more on how you can help.)
Our gardens are open to all community members through a lottery system. Although the beds have all been assigned for the 2019 growing season, please fill out an application in order to be placed on a wait list. We may be building more beds that would accommodate additional requests. We welcome your application!
All gardeners commit to 6 hours of volunteer work in the garden/farm during the growing season. Each plot comes with access to water, soil and compost. . .tools and knowledge provided by staff.
Now entering our third season, the Pitney Meadows Community Gardens now includes over 100 members!
2018 Season Improvements & Successes
- Food for our community - community gardeners grew and donated over 1000lbs of fresh produce for our local food pantries.
- Justin Family Pergola - The family of Charlotte Justin dedicated a beautiful pergola in honor of her life which will provide a gathering space and shade for all who visit the farm and gardens.
- Solar Powered Fountain - a water source for birds, butterflies, bees, and other beneficial insects was installed.
- Monarch Way Station - With the decline in the monarch population nationwide due to habitat loss and pesticide use, our gardeners installed a beautiful garden full of many pollinator-friendly plants encouraging monarchs to call Pitney Meadows Community Gardens home. Children were able to watch a caterpillar create its’ chrysalis right next to the educational sign depicting a chrysalis.
- Fairy Fest - Over 800 people gathered on the farm for our Fairy Fest this past summer. Volunteers and our local Girl Scout Troops helped to organize a wonderful day of play and imagination for local children.
Our new series introducing you to the amazing diversity of people who come to our farm for all kinds of reasons. Each month will feature a new friend, volunteer, supporter,...
The Community Garden is now home to over 100 garden beds, building upon Pitney Meadow's commitment to provide community education, gathering opportunities, and a place to 'grow' community! With the...
Check out all the news for our Community Gardeners here on a weekly basis. If you are a Community Gardener and are not receiving these emails, please contact [email protected] to be added to our...
SARATOGA SPRINGS, N.Y. — The secret’s out: More than a dozen wonderfully varied gardens — a mix of compact city spaces and sprawling rural sites — are featured on the...